Friday, June 14, 2013

Troy High's Nobles Leaving Baseball Program



            Troy High baseball coach Curtis Nobles has announced he will be leaving the program after eight years.
            Nobles, who led the Flying Horses to an appearance in this year’s Section II Class AA semi-finals, has accepted a position as the pitching coach and head assistant with RPI baseball.
            The last few days while struggling with the decision to move on from the high school program into a collegiate program, I just followed my heart and what I taught your boys everyday, which is to always move forward in life,” Nobles said in an e-mail.
            The Flying Horses finished the 2013 season 16-6 after losing to eventual Section II champion Queensbury.
            “For me it isn’t always about the W and L's it’s about watching your son grow into confident student athletes,” Nobles said. “I have had the privilege of watching many of your children grow from little league players to the confident young men that stood before me day after day.”
            During his time at Troy High, Nobles was instrumental in helping to bring the Coaches vs. Cancer program to Section II Baseball. This season, in the program’s third year, it was brought back to Joe Bruno Stadium in a double-header event that saw Troy top CBA in the nightcap.
            For Nobles, coaching baseball has always been about events like Coaches vs. Cancer. The coach frequently talked about preparing his players for the “real” world and making sure they were well-rounded individuals as well as athletes.
            I believe I've led the athletes to perform at the highest level of their ability on the field and in the classroom,” he said. “I am appreciative of the opportunity you all have extended to me, which has allowed me to learn and grow as Coach and mentor.”
            Nobles will continue to work in the school district next year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Ran the baseball program YEAR ROUND unlike some school coaches who only show up in April and May....

June 14, 2013 at 7:31 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home