Thursday, June 13, 2013

This is Why We're Awesome - Section II Sports

We're done with high school sports this year. Yikes. What a sad sentence to write. It's been a lot of fun, guys and that is all because of you. So take a second to pat yourselves on the back for that.

But as finals and regents and tests wind down and everyone starts to clean out their locker (throw away those empty water bottles pleaseeee), it seems like a good time to look back at the year that we've had and how, frankly, it's been pretty awesome.

Just off the top of my head, I can think of 11 different Section II teams that won state championships this year. That's an incredible number when you stop and think about it and it doesn't even include the handful of teams that competed in state semi-finals and regional games as well.

I'm currently combing through some of the NYSPHSAA archives to see if that's some kind of record, but I've got to imagine that it's pretty high up there on the list of accomplishments. So, where is this all going?

I want to know what you guys think when you think of the 2012-2013 sports year. What was it about this year, this group of student-athletes that propelled Section II to such an incredible level of success? What has this year meant to you as an athlete, what did you put into your personal season and what did you get out of it? Where do you see Section II going from here and how do we relate to the other teams in the state?

I'm hoping this is going to run in Monday's paper so share your thoughts as soon as you can. You know how to get in contact with me - comment here, tweet me (@LauraAmato) or e-mail me (lamato@troyrecord.com).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home