Friday, June 28, 2013

A Color-Coded Microsoft Excel Chart of Section II Excellence!

Guys, I made a thing.

As an adult (although that's an entirely different blog post) I should really have some sort of basic understanding of how Microsoft Excel works aside from being able to make fun 3D graphs. And I don't really even know how to do that.

Buttttt I can use Excel to make a chart. I have made you all a COLOR-CODED MICROSOFT EXCEL CHART OF SECTION II EXCELLENCE.

Take a moment to let that all sink in.

Long story short, a few days ago I got a tweet from @TheRealMr_Espn asking if I knew how many Section II teams had made it to, at least, the state semis. This started a bit of a quest for me. Not that it was overly difficult, but I tracked down EVERY Section II championship team for 21 different sports from this past athletic year. I didn't include things like swimming and skiing - mainly because those were tough to track down - so if you guys know those champions, send 'em my way. 

So what did I find out from all of this? Well, a handful of Section II schools had a pretty awesome year. Leading the pack was Burnt Hills, which clinched eight local titles including five in just the fall alone. Slightly behind the Spartans was Hoosick Falls. The Panthers, who recorded five Section II championships this year, were the most successful on the state-scene though, bringing back three NYS championships this past season. They called it #TitleTown for a reason, folks. 

Rounding out the top four were Shenendehowa (five Section II and one NYS title) and Troy (four Section II and one NYS title).  

If you want to see my color-code chart of Section II excellence, simply check it out under the cut. Again, I know I don't have all the sports - so if you have information to share, go for it. 





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home