Wednesday, August 7, 2013

CBA's Greg Stire Verbally Commits to UAlbany

CBA forward and rising senior Greg Stire has one less thing to worry about before heading into his final year of high school.

The basketball standout, and multi-year varsity starter, verbally committed to the University at Albany earlier this week, keeping his talent local and adding another variable to coach Will Brown's dynamic team.

"I liked Coach Brown and the whole coaching staff there," Stire said of his decision. "I liked the school a lot. Plus, I'll be close to home as well, so I liked that too."

Stire, who most recently competed in the BCANY Summer Hoop Fest with the championship Adirondack squad, averaged just over 17 points per game with the Brothers last season and was a threat both inside and outside the paint.

While the chance to go to college locally was an exciting prospect, Stire was simply looking for a program that fit his qualities as a basketball player.

"That wasn't really one of my factors but it'll definitely be cool," he said of eventually playing at SEFCU Arena. "I'm just ready to learn a lot from them. I'm excited."

With his college decision out of the way, Stire, a first-team Big 10 all star last season, is ready to simply focus on his final season of high school hoops and getting CBA back to a championship.

"I don't have to worry about where I have to go to college now," he said. "It allows me to focus on just getting my grades right and my high school season."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home