Thursday, July 25, 2013

Calling All Current and Former Troy High Football Players

Guys.

I know it's summer and we're still a little over two weeks out of the official start of football season, but I have a football-related request for you all.

Coach Burger is being inducted in the Capital Region Football Hall of Fame on August 10 and The Record (a.k.a. me) will be doing on a feature story on his career at Troy High before the ceremony.

So, what do I need from you?

I need you guys to dig deep, straight into your emotions, and share your Coach Burger stories? Have a memory of him working one-on-one with you to get better on or off the field? Ever get an inspirational pep talk on the sideline? Feel his the best coach you've ever had?

Any of that - and more - is exactly what I'm looking for. I want to know why you think Coach Burger deserved to be nominated for the Hall of Fame in the first place and what he's done to help make you a better football player and overall person.

You can comment on the story here, e-mail me at lamato@troyrecord.com or tweet me at @LauraAmato. Please just make sure to include your full name and, if you're a former player, what years you were on the team.The story is running in The Record on August 9, so I need all your stories, memories and anecdotes before then. Share away!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't consider Burger the best coach ever, in fact I rarely played directly under him. Instead worked under Canfield the best line coach and strength trainer there is. This is why he should be #1 in the Hall. He knew how to surround himself with those who knew what had to be done. He focused on the important aspects that needed to be addressed in all our games. He was the reason our team went to the dome three years straight and we took two of them.

July 25, 2013 at 5:57 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home