Thursday, January 24, 2013

Big Brand-New Techology News

Hey guys,
I have potentially big-time news as far as covering the rest of our basketball season this year. Tomorrow - or Friday - I'm going to make my first attempt to live stream a basketball game that I'm covering.

So what does this mean exactly? Well, it means that in addition to my incredibly entertaining live tweets and eventual game story in the next day's paper, you guys as an audience should be able to view the game I'm covering without necessarily being there. If my technology know-how is at least semi-correct, you should be able to click on a page on The Record's website and see a video of the game I'm at while it's happening, in the same way that you'd be able to click into a live-chat.

I'm going to be covering the Hoosic Valley at Tamarac girls basketball game tomorrow with tipoff scheduled for 7 p.m. and I'm hoping that I'll be able to stream it online. Keep in mind guys, this is a test run. This not the official launch of streaming all future games or anything like that. I'm looking to see if this is a feasible option for the future and using tomorrow's game as a dry run.

So, check it out and let me know what you think of it. If all goes according to plan, you should be able to view the game and see my tweets at the same time so we can basically have a conversation while the game is happening. At least that's the plan. We'll see how it goes.

- Laura

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home